This recipe comes courtesy of Award Winning Hot Sauce Maker - Patrick Beresford from 13 Angry Scorpions.
Pulled Beef Short Rib Enchiladas
with the most amazing house-made Salsa!
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 8.5 hours
1 kg quality beef short ribs
2 tins of Crushed Tomato
8 Corn Tortillas
Vintage Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Rice
- Heavily season your short ribs with your favourite dry rub.
- Fill your slow cooker with enough crushed tomatoes to completely cover the short ribs. Then add 3 tablespoons of 13 Angry Scorpions Jekyll & Hyde Hot Sauce.
- Submerge the short ribs in the tomato mixture within the slow cooker, and cook
on low for approx. 8 hrs.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker using tongs. The meat should just fall part.
- Set aside the tomato mixture from the slow cooker ( we'll use this for the sauce!)
- Shred the meat using tongs or two forks. Remove enough of the liquid from the meat, so you don't make the enchiladas soggy.
- Spoon the meat into corn tortillas and roll.
- Place tortillas across the bottom of a deep oven proof dish, close enough that they are just touching each other.
- Cover the rolled tortillas in your home made tomato sauce, from the slow cooker then sprinkle with plenty of vintage cheddar.
- Cover the dish with foil ( so the enchiladas don't dry out) and cook on 180 degrees for about 45 mins.
Seriously Good Home Made Salsa
- Remove the left over tomato juices from your slow cooker and place in a small saucepan.
- Add a good quality tomato paste to thicken the sauce and stir over heat for 15 mins.