* We used Gods of Sauces Thanatos Korean Hot Sauce for this recipe, however you could use any asian inspired hot sauce as a substitute.
Nutty Chilli Noodles
Prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 2 minutes
75g fresh thin egg noodles
¼ cup sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 -2 tsp Hot sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 green shallots, sliced
2 Tbsp crispy shallots
Ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over high heat.
- Drop fresh noodles into boiling water and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2- 3 minutes or as directed on the pack.
- Meanwhile sauté onions and garlic.
- Combine sweet soy, soy sauce, garlic and onion with peanut butter, hot sauce and sesame oil in a shallow large bowl. Stir to combine till smooth.
- Drain noodles and add 2 tablespoons of the cooking water, and noodles to sauce. Stir through to coat.
- Sprinkle with green shallots and white pepper.