This classic cocktail packs a punch in more ways than one - sweet, sour, spice and salt perfectly combine with beer to create a surprisingly refreshing cocktail, great for any occasion, and definitely a perfect drink match for all spicy foods.
- 2 teaspoons honey, spread into a thin layer on a plate
- 2 tablespoons ChilliBOM Volcanic Salt
- 2 limes, juiced (plus extra lime wedges to garnish)
- 2 cups light Mexican-style beer (e.g. Corona, Dos Equis or Tecate)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce* (we used Diemen's Stinger Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 Jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional garnish)
Dip the rims of two glasses into the honey. Place Volcano Salt onto a plate finish rimming glasses, fill glass with ice and set aside.
Half fill a large shaker with ice followed by lime juice, beer, and sauces. Close and shake until well mixed. Divide mixture among the two prepared glasses and garnish with lime wedges and Jalpaenos. Serve.
* A vinegar based Louisiana Style Hot Sauce us best like Diemen's Stinger Hot Sauce but feel free to give anything a go, you can also use a Chipotle Sauce to give the drink a smokier flavour